Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Finger Lakes

No Injuries in Early Morning Fire

  • Text size: + -

Firefighters believe a wood burning stove may be to blame for a house fire in Henrietta early Sunday morning.

Emergency crews were called to the fire on Eagan Boulevard around 12:15 in the morning. When they got there the house was filled with smoke and flames were coming out of the chimney area.

The two adults that live in the home were able to get out safely.

Firefighters said the fire appears to be accidental and they think it started in the chimney.

"We've had probably two or three of these fires in these chimneys over the last few years, all very similar," said Jim Comstock, Henrietta Fire District. "It's always good to have your wood stove inspected and cleaned and well maintained to prevent something like this."

No one was hurt in the fire.

10.11.12.244 ClientIP: 54.90.153.141, 23.62.6.199 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP