Thursday, December 25, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Finger Lakes

Man Rescued from Burning Home in Irondequoit

  • Text size: + -
Rochester: Man Rescued from Burning Home in Irondequoit
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

out of 10

Free Video Views Remaining

To get you to the stories you care about, we are offering everyone 10 video views per month.

Access to our video is always free for Time Warner Cable video customers who login with their TWC ID.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

One man suffered from smoke inhalation when his Irondequoit home caught fire Tuesday afternoon.

It happened on Tamarack Drive in Irondequoit, just off Culver Road.

Firefighters say when they arrived on-scene, the homeowner was already suffering the effects of smoke inhalation, and refused to leave the burning house.

"He just, he was very dazed. You can tell according to the Lieutenant from Engine 2, the guy had taken in a lot of smoke and he was very confused, wasn't sure what was going on," said Chief Steve Derleth, Point Pleasant Fire Department.

The homeowner was eventually rescued and taken to Strong Hospital for treatment.

The house is a total loss.

No word yet on the cause of that fire.

10.11.12.245 ClientIP: 23.23.12.202, 23.62.6.207 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP