One man suffered from smoke inhalation when his Irondequoit home caught fire Tuesday afternoon.
It happened on Tamarack Drive in Irondequoit, just off Culver Road.
Firefighters say when they arrived on-scene, the homeowner was already suffering the effects of smoke inhalation, and refused to leave the burning house.
"He just, he was very dazed. You can tell according to the Lieutenant from Engine 2, the guy had taken in a lot of smoke and he was very confused, wasn't sure what was going on," said Chief Steve Derleth, Point Pleasant Fire Department.
The homeowner was eventually rescued and taken to Strong Hospital for treatment.
The house is a total loss.
No word yet on the cause of that fire.