Thursday, April 24, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Finger Lakes

Thanksgiving Cooking Leads to House Fire

  • Text size: + -
Rochester: Thanksgiving Cooking Leads to House Fire
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- Four people are out of their home Thursday morning after a turkey cooking in the oven led to a fire in Rochester.

Fire crews were called to Culver Road around 4:15 a.m. for the report of a structure fire. A smoke detector alerted two adults and two children to get out of the house.

No one was injured, but firefighters say the kitchen is destroyed and the house is damaged from the smoke.

They say it appears the woman fell asleep with a turkey in the oven.

Mike Dupra, of the Rochester Fire department, said, "She was making a turkey for Thanksgiving, there was possibly some combustible material on top of the oven that possibly ignited due to the heat."

The Red Cross is helping the family with housing.

10.11.12.244 ClientIP: 23.23.2.137, 23.3.13.181, 10.170.94.20 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP